Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dance Partners'...

My newest dance partner is nice. However, she seems to care about what her little clique think about her more than being my dance partner. Even though I proposed the idea of us being partners, as we are both very tall and it would be very hard for her to get a male counterpart, I am beginning to regret it. I took a risk, the major one being she is a trained Irish dancer. Irish dancers are very stiff and even though she has had some ballet, she can be quite stiff. Also she isn’t putting as much energy into the relationship as I am, I believe that partnering is 65% trust, how can she let me do lifts when she doesn’t trust me and how can I let her mount my back when I don’t trust her? I have tried to spend time with her but she seems to only want to do this when her clique are not around. In her clique, there is one other girl, a singer and a boy, an actor, the actor does not particularly like me and so neither does the singer so my partner’s loyalty is split, well it should be but it is clear where it lies. This feeds into more distrust. The funny part to me is that if I walked out of the partnership I would be on smooth sailing to another partner. However, my partner would be screwed, as I said before she is very tall for a dancer and most male dancers would look ridiculous beside her and find her impossible to carry. I however do not. Therefore, her snubbing really is not doing her any favours, except she is the only dancer I can be paired with in my college course. There is another female dancer in the year but she is strictly solo and hates partnering as she can’t handle lifts, mounts or even dips, so if I am stuck until September too. Is it worth risking it by telling her that if she keeps up her rudeness I will quite? Will she realize that loosing me will hinder her more than it will affect me? On the other hand, could I be reading into the whole thing and blowing it out of purporting in my mind? Is there anything I can do to make her want to work on our personal relationship?

Help!
Love,
S

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh..being an advanced ballerina, i know how this is a problem...

    That is so horrible, and its REALLY nice of you to stick it out...Her being stiff, and untrusting has got to be a major problem when it comes to dancing...

    Argh..i cant believe you didnt tell me you were in Portland, i live there...sigh..ah well...

    This is the most amazing blog ever, i get it from a guys point of veiw for the dancing and lifts..which will help me alot.. :)

    Missed you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks so much for following! I was in Poland, next to Germany. Well I'll be doing a blog about lifts later I have plenty of ideas. Glad you like this blog I'm going to put a lot of effort into it and make sure I don't disappoint you!

    Great to hear that an advanced ballerina is interested in my blog, our genres are so different ha xx.

    Missed you too!
    Love,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops...alright my fault..i thought you said Portland..ah well...
    Poland must have been interesting...

    Aww, well, I'll be reading it faithfully.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very! Well I'll try visit Portland some day I promise! lol
    Thanks a lot... I'm preparing next weeks post already!

    Love
    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be waiting with anticipation...

    ReplyDelete