Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hip-Hop

So I have started Hip-Hop classes and I can I just say "fudge it. As a contemporary dancer I am finding hip-hop alien and weird, I'm OK at it but still getting kind of frustrated. My hip-hop classes run from 7pm to 8pm on a Tuesday, my biggest dance day as I have morning dance class is college from 9am to 11am and night contemporary from 8:30pm to 9:30pm. In my hip-hop class there is this one guy, no I'm not crushing, who is very good, well great and he knows it. He is so cocky that it pisses me off, I can't believe it, anyway I caught him looking at me in the mirror during a run through and snickering at my incompetence at his style, I wasn't that bad I was just a bit slow on technique. I grimaced at him and he seemed to noticed that I wasn't pleased. I had half a mind to go up to him and say "why don't you try my style for a day see how you cope" but I didn't. I could tell that he couldn't, he was very skinny with no upper body strength, so he certainly couldn't lift a partner in any classical based style. I was very offended but I kept up with the choreography and got it by the end of the hour, I was very pleased but felt bitter after the class, there must have been almost 20 students in that class, none of them did anything else but hip-hop and all of them had the same rudeness about them. So I left the class to go down two storeys and wait for my contemporary thinking "what a jerk that guy is" as I felt so insulted but then when the other contemporary dancers arrived I felt better because we all started chatting and having fun.

I want to know what is the matter with street style dancers. Hip-Hop dancers, Krump dancers and so on are all so rude to non street dancers, its so annoying because we should all be looking out for other dancers. I never look down my nose at a B-Boy because they can't do contemporary but I may as well because they seem to do it to me when I'm just trying to learn they're style!

1 comment:

  1. Stupid Bastard wouldnt last a day trying to lift girls...

    ReplyDelete